Last Updated and Effective as of: August 9, 2019
Your privacy is important to us – just as knowing how we use your information is important to you. We've broken this information down into chunks so you can find the details you need as quickly and easily as possible.
We are QSC, LLC, a globally recognized leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of high-performance audio, video and control (AV&C) products the Q-SYS™ Platform, Reflect™, power amplifiers, loudspeakers and digital mixers delivering reliable, scalable, and flexible solutions for installed, corporate, portable, production and cinema customers worldwide.
- “we/us/our/QSC” means QSC, LLC and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies
- “third party” means someone who is not you or us
QSC is committed to respecting your privacy. We take privacy, security and complying with data protection and privacy laws seriously.
The information we collect about you and how we collect it can vary depending on the products and services that you use and subscribe to, how you have used the products and services, how you have interacted with QSC even if you aren’t a customer, or what we have obtained from a third party (with permission) to share your information with us.
We will collect your personal information when you, for example:
- Buy or use any of our products and services
- Register for a specific product or service
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us
- Contact us through various channels, or ask for information about a product or service
- Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey
- Visit or browse our website
- Have given permission to other companies to share information about you
- Where your information is publicly available
To find the privacy supplements for all our products and services, please go to the 'Privacy and our products and services' section of this Privacy Notice.
We recognize that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility, and from time to time will update this Privacy Notice as we undertake new personal data practices or adopt new privacy practices. Any changes to this Privacy Notices will be placed here and will supersede this version. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will revise the "Last Updated" date above and, in some cases, we may provide you with more prominent notice (such as by sending you a notification or providing notice through the Services). However, to be on the safe side, we encourage you to review this Privacy Notice whenever you access the Services to stay informed about our information practices and to ensure that our practices continue to meet your approval.
This Privacy Notice describes our policies and practices relating to the personal data we collect when you access or use our websites, products, applications or other online, cloud-based or mobile services (collectively, the "Services"), or when you otherwise interact with us and sets forth your privacy rights. “Personal data” means any information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called “you” or “Data Subjects”) that is not already in the public domain. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive information from children.
Click on the Following to learn more about our information collection practices:
We use the following methods to collect information from and about you:
For Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create a QSC account, register for a product warranty, for product support, apply for a rebate, participate in any interactive features of the Services, make a purchase, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in a contest, offer or promotion, search for authorized distributors, apply for a job, submit a form or other request, download software or firmware in connection with our Services, communicate with us via third party sites, request technical or customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect directly from you include:
- Account Information, such as your name, email address, password, postal address, territory, phone number, company name and contact details, job function, date of birth, gender, items you save to your shopping cart and any other information you choose to provide.
- Transaction Information, such as information regarding the product(s) you purchase, usage preferences, shipping and delivery information and information related to returns, exchanges and refunds.
- Product Registration and Warranty Information, such as information regarding the product(s) you purchase (e.g., model and serial number of the product, your intended usage of the product and the receipt from your product purchase), the retailer or other entity or individual from which you purchased the product(s), why you purchased the product(s) and any other information you choose to provide.
- Other Information You Choose to Provide, such as when you participate in a survey, contest, offer or promotion or in any interactive areas of the Services, or when you request technical or customer support.
For Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use the Services, this is the type of information we collect through automated technologies or interactions about you:
- Log Information: When you visit the Services, we collect certain log file information such as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, location, operating system, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), access times, pages viewed, links clicked and other information about your activities on the Services.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on the Services or in emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Rights" below.
For Information We Collect From Other Third Party Sources
QSC may also receive information from other third-party sources and combine it with information we collect through the Services. Specifically, we collect personal data from the following sources: dealers, integrators, distribution networks and other QSC partners. This helps us update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers and create more tailored marketing to provide services that may be of interest to you.
The third parties we engage may also combine the information we collect from you over time and across our websites and Services with information obtained from other sources. If you choose to provide QSC with a third party's personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party's permission to do so.
In some instances, QSC and the third parties we engage may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website and to help tailor content or offers for you.
We may use information about you to provide, maintain, improve and promote the Services and our products. The uses may include:
- Provide and deliver the products, services and other materials you request and send you information related to your purchase of products or services, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, software and firmware updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide technical support and customer service, and respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions and events, and provide other news and information about QSC and our select partners;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights of QSC and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match your profile, product usage, or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out other purposes that are described to you at the time the information is collected.
As explained above, QSC processes your data to provide you with the goods or services you have requested or purchased from us for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites and services, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law, including product warranty registrations, publications and other content, and training. We use this information to refine our goods and services to better tailor them to your needs and to communicate with you about other services that QSC offers. Most of the time, QSC needs to process your personal data to fulfill an order or request for goods or services. Sometimes QSC has a legitimate interest in processing data to better understand the needs, concerns, and interests of QSC customers and business partners so QSC can operate optimally as a global leader and business. And sometimes, QSC relies upon your consent, in which case we will keep a record of it and honor your choices.
We may share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice:
- With vendors, suppliers, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- With certain dealers, partners, or distributors of our products;
- When you create a QSC account and participate in certain interactive areas of the Services (e.g., QSC communities), certain information about you may be displayed publicly, such as your user name, user statistics (such as when you last visited a QSC community, the QSC communities to which you contribute and number of posts you have made on QSC communities) and other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or other policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of QSC or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any business or other change of control transaction or any financing;
- Between and among QSC and any current or future parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We also may share aggregated or anonymized information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We will never sell your data and we promise to keep your details safe and secure.
QSC maintains commercially reasonable technical and organizational safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized use, disclosure or access, and to help protect the privacy, of data and personally identifiable information.
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of Data Subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against its unlawful processing, and its movement within and outside of the EU.
QSC has its headquarters in the United States. By using the Services, you understand that any personal data we collect from you will be processed in the United States . The United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the GDPR. QSC relies on derogations for specific situations as set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR. In particular, the QSC collects and transfers to the U.S. personal data only: with your consent ; to perform a contract with you; or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest of QSC in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms . QSC endeavors to apply suitable safeguards to protect the privacy and security of your personal data and to use it only consistent with your relationship with QSC and the practices described in this Privacy Notice. QSC also enters into data processing agreements and model clauses with third party service providers and other entities whenever feasible and appropriate. For example, when QSC sends your information to a country that is not in the EEA, we make sure that your information is properly protected. We will always ensure that there is a proper legal agreement that covers the data transfer. In addition, if the country is not considered to have laws that are equivalent to EU data protection standards then we will ask the third party to enter into a legal agreement that reflects those standards.
Your personal data is stored by QSC on its servers, and on the servers of the cloud-based database management services that QSC engages, located in the United States . QSC retains data for the duration of a customer’s business relationship with QSC and for a period of time thereafter to meet any legal obligations. For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact QSC as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
You have the following rights at any point that QSC is in possession of or processing your personal data. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as further explained in the “Contact Us” section below.
Right to Access
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we collect about you. If you wish to confirm that QSC is processing your personal data, or to have access to the personal data that QSC may have about you, please contact us as further explained in the “Contact Us” section below.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to correct data that we collect about you that is inaccurate or incomplete. If you have a question or cannot find the answer, please contact us as further explained in the “Contact Us” section below.
Right to Erasure (Right to be forgotten)
Right to Restriction of Processing
Where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your data when certain conditions apply. If you feel data we hold on you is inaccurate, or you believe we shouldn’t be processing your data, please contact our Customer Services team to discuss your rights. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict processing.
Right of Portability
You have the right to have data we collect about you transferred to another organization. QSC ensures that you can take your data with you by allowing you to download your activity. In order to do this, please contact us as further explained in the “Contact Us” section below to discuss your rights.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing. For more information or to exercise this right, please contact our Customer Services team. If this relates to an automated decision performed on you (this means with no human involvement), please let us know and we will review your request.
Right to Object to Automated Processing, including profiling
You have the right to not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling, if any. For more information or to exercise this right, please contact us as further explained in the “Contact Us” section below. If this relates to an automated decision performed on you (this means with no human involvement), please let us know and we will review your request.
Right to Withdraw Consent
If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below. In addition, you may automatically withdraw consent (“opt out”) of receiving promotional communications from QSC by following the opt out instructions contained within those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our on-going business relations.
- To opt out of marketing messages:
If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from QSC, you can choose to opt out at any time. If you’ve previously opted in to receive personalized content based on how and where you use our Services, you can also opt out at any time. The easiest way to opt out is by contacting our Customer Services team to “opt-out” of marketing preferences, found under your account settings.
- Please note: You may still receive marketing messages for a short period after opting out while we update our records. You may have received marketing from QSC even if you’re not a customer or have never had contact with us. This is a result of third-party marketing lists which QSC may acquire from time to time, stating that you have given permission to be contacted by other organizations. If you’ve registered with us to opt out of marketing from QSC, you shouldn’t receive such communications. If you still do, we ask that you let us know immediately by contacting our customer team. This will only stop marketing from us and not stop the third parties from sharing your data unless you contact them directly.
- To manage cookies and understand more about what they are
Want to disable a cookie, or understand more about what these are? Check the 'Cookies' section of this Privacy Page for full details on how to do this.
Right to Object to Cookies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject essential cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Right to Review
In the event that QSC refuses your request under your Right of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
Right to Lodge Complaints
If you are situated in the EU and have any complaints regarding our privacy practices as the data controller, you have the right to lodge a complaint at any time to your local Supervisory Authority and QSC’s data protection representatives. Before contacting your local Supervisory Authority, however, we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns first and our data protection representatives can be reached via the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
- How to lodge a complaint
If you want to contact us about any of your rights or complain about how we use your information, please contact us and a member of our dedicated team will respond to you. We’ll do our best to help but if you’re still unhappy, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their website www.ico.org.uk has details on how to contact the ICO.
For further details on how your data is used and stored:
QSC is headquartered in the United States. QSC has appointed an internal Privacy Coordinator for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about our personal data policies or practice and “Your Rights” set forth above. In addition, QSC, LLC’s Germany-based subsidiary, QSC EMEA GmbH, has appointed an external Data Protection Officer. These data protection representatives can be contacted directly, as follows: