Last Updated and Effective as of: January 1, 2020
- “QSC,” “we,” “us,” and “our” mean QSC, LLC and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies
- “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- “Third party” means someone who is not you or us.
QSC is a globally recognized leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of high-performance audio, video and control (AV&C) products, the Q-SYS™ Platform, Q-SYS Reflect Enterprise Manager, power amplifiers, loudspeakers and digital mixers delivering reliable, scalable, and flexible solutions for installed, corporate, portable, production and cinema customers worldwide.
QSC is a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and service users, which means that we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data. However, as described below, QSC is a processor in some contexts with respect to the QSC Q-SYS Reflect Enterprise Manager Service.
QSC’s Services are not intended for or directed at children under the age of 18. In addition, QSC does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18. Children under the age of 18 should not use this website or engage QSC’s Services.
The personal data we collect about you and how we collect it can vary depending on the Services that you use and subscribe to, how you have used the Services, how you have interacted with QSC even if you are not a customer, or what we have obtained about you from a third party, if you gave permission to the third party to share your information with us.
We will collect your personal data when you, for example:
- Buy or use any of our products and services
- Register for a specific product or service
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us
- Contact us through various channels, or ask for information about a product or service
- Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey
- Visit or browse our website
- Have given permission to other companies to share information about you with us
- Where your information is publicly available
OUR INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
We use the following methods to collect information from and about you:
For Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create a QSC account, register for a product warranty, for product support, apply for a rebate, participate in any interactive features of the Services, make a purchase, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in a contest, offer or promotion, search for authorized distributors, apply for a job, submit a form or other request, download software or firmware in connection with our Services, communicate with us via third party sites, request technical or customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect directly from you include:
- Account Information, such as your name, email address, password, postal address, territory, phone number, company name and contact details, job function, date of birth, gender, items you save to your shopping cart and any other information you choose to provide.
- Transaction Information, such as information regarding the product(s) you purchase, usage preferences, shipping and delivery information and information related to returns, exchanges and refunds.
- Product Registration and Warranty Information, such as information regarding the product(s) you purchase (e.g., model and serial number of the product, your intended usage of the product and the receipt from your product purchase), the retailer or other entity or individual from which you purchased the product(s), why you purchased the product(s) and any other information you choose to provide.
- Other Information You Choose to Provide, such as when you participate in a survey, contest, offer or promotion or in any interactive areas of the Services, or when you request technical or customer support.
For Information We Collect Automatically:
When you access or use the Services, this is the type of information we collect through automated technologies or interactions about you:
- Log Information: When you use our Services, we collect certain log file information such as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, location, operating system, browser type and language, Internet service provider, access times, pages viewed, links clicked and other information about your activities on the Services.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on the Services or in emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Rights" below.
For Information We Collect From Other Third Party Sources:
QSC may also receive information from other third party sources and combine it with information we collect through the Services. Specifically, we collect personal data from the following sources: dealers, integrators, distribution networks and other QSC partners. This helps us update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers and create more tailored marketing to provide services that may be of interest to you.
The third parties we engage may also combine the information we collect from you over time and across our websites and Services with information obtained from other sources. If you choose to provide QSC with a third party's personal data (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party's permission to do so.
In some instances, QSC and the third parties we engage may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website and to help tailor content or offers for you.
We may use information about you to provide, maintain, improve and promote the Services and our products. For example, we may use information about you to:
- Provide and deliver the products, services and other materials you request and send you information related to your purchase of products or services, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, software and firmware updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide technical support and customer service, and respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions and events, and provide other news and information about QSC and our select partners;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights of QSC and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match your profile, product usage, or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out other purposes that are described to you at the time the information is collected.
As explained above, QSC processes your personal data to provide you with the goods or services you have requested or purchased from us for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites and services, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law, including product warranty registrations, publications and other content, and training. We use this information to refine our goods and services to better tailor them to your needs and to communicate with you about other services that QSC offers. Most of the time, QSC needs to process your personal data to fulfill an order or request for goods or services. Sometimes QSC has a legitimate interest in processing data to better understand the needs, concerns, and interests of QSC customers and business partners so QSC can operate optimally as a global leader and business. And sometimes, QSC relies upon your consent, in which case we will keep a record of it and honor your choices.
- With vendors, suppliers, consultants and other service providers who need access to such personal data to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- With certain dealers, partners, or distributors of our products;
- When you create a QSC account and participate in certain interactive areas of the Services (e.g., QSC communities), certain information about you may be displayed publicly, such as your user name, user statistics (such as when you last visited a QSC community, the QSC communities to which you contribute and number of posts you have made on QSC communities) and other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or other policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of QSC or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any business or other change of control transaction or any financing;
- Between and among QSC and any current or future parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We also may share aggregated, deidentified, or anonymized information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
QSC has implemented and maintains reasonable security procedures and practices, and commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures, to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk in order to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access and exfiltration, theft, or disclosure. We also have put procedures in place to deal with data security incidents. We will notify you and applicable regulators of such incidents where we are legally required to do so.
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of Data Subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against its unlawful processing, and its movement within and outside of the EU.
Your personal data is stored by QSC on its servers, and on the servers of the cloud-based database management services that QSC engages, located in the United States. QSC retains data for the duration of a customer’s business relationship with QSC and for a period of time thereafter to meet any legal obligations. For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact QSC as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
You have the following rights at any point that QSC is in possession of or processing your personal data. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
Right to Access
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we collect about you. If you wish to confirm that QSC is processing your personal data, or to have access to the personal data that QSC may have about you, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to correct data that we collect about you that is inaccurate or incomplete. If you have a question or cannot find the answer, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
Right to Erasure (Right to be forgotten)
Right to Restriction of Processing
Where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your data. If you feel data about you that we hold is inaccurate, or you believe we shouldn’t be processing your data, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below to discuss your rights. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict processing.
Right of Portability
You have the right to have data we collect about you transferred to another organization. QSC ensures that you can take your data with you by allowing you to download your activity. In order to do this, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below to discuss your rights.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing. For more information or to exercise this right, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below. If this relates to an automated decision performed on you (this means with no human involvement), please let us know and we will review your request.
Right to Object to Automated Processing, including profiling
You have the right to not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling, if any. For more information or to exercise this right, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below. If this relates to an automated decision performed on you (this means with no human involvement), please let us know and we will review your request.
Right to Withdraw Consent
If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below. In addition, you may automatically withdraw consent (“opt out”) of receiving promotional communications from QSC by following the opt-out instructions contained within those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our on-going business relations.
To opt out of marketing messages: If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from QSC, you can choose to opt out at any time. If you’ve previously opted in to receive personalized content based on how and where you use our Services, you can also opt out at any time.
The easiest way to opt out is by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
Please note: You may still receive marketing messages for a short period after opting out while we update our records.
You may have received marketing from QSC even if you are not a customer or have never had contact with us. This is a result of third party marketing lists, which QSC may acquire from time to time, stating that you have given permission to be contacted by other organizations. If you have registered with us to opt out of marketing from QSC, you should not receive such communications. If you still do, we ask that you let us know immediately by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below. This will only stop marketing from us and not stop the third parties from sharing your data unless you contact them directly.
To manage cookies and understand more about what they are:
please see our cookies page.
Right to Object to Cookies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject essential cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Right to Review
In the event that QSC refuses your request under your Right of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
Right to Lodge Complaints
If you are situated in the EU and have any complaints regarding our privacy practices as a data controller, you have the right to lodge a complaint at any time to your local Supervisory Authority and QSC’s data protection representatives. Before contacting your local Supervisory Authority, however, we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns first and our data protection representatives can be reached by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
How to lodge a complaint
If you want to contact us about any of your rights or complain about how we use your information, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below and a member of our dedicated team will respond to you. We’ll do our best to help but if you’re still unhappy, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their website www.ico.org.uk has details on how to contact the ICO.
Beginning January 1, 2020, California residents may exercise certain privacy rights pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). We describe below your rights as a California resident.
Right To Know About Personal Data Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
- The categories and specific pieces of personal data we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your personal data.
- The business or commercial purpose why we collected or, if applicable, sold your personal data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal data.
- The categories of personal data that we have shared with third parties about you for a business purpose.
- If applicable, the categories of personal data that we sold about you and the categories of third parties who received your personal data in the sale.
You may submit a request for the information above by calling us at 657-660-6220 or 833.705.0547 or emailing us at [email protected]. Once you contact us through one of these channels, we will need to confirm your identity to process your request.
Right To Request Deletion Of Your Personal data
You have the right to request that we delete the personal data we collected or maintained about you. Once we receive your request, we will let you know what, if any, personal data we can delete from our records, and we will direct any service providers with whom we shared your personal data to also delete your personal data from their records.
There may be circumstances where we cannot delete your personal data or direct service providers to delete your personal data from their records. Some of these instances include, but are not limited to, if we need to: (1) retain your personal data to complete a transaction or provide a good or service; (2) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity; (3) debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (4) exercise free speech or ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right to free speech; (5) comply with the law; and (6) use your personal data for internal and lawful purposes.
You may submit a request to delete your personal data by calling us at 657-660-6220 or 833.705.0547, emailing us at [email protected], or website at www.qsc.com. Once you contact us through one of these channels, we will need to confirm your identity to process your request.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal data
Under the CCPA, consumers have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal data to third parties. As mentioned above, QSC only transfers personal data for purposes of carrying out its business and legal functions, and not to sell the personal data for the sake of getting a direct monetary benefit based on the value of the personal data. If you have any questions regarding our information sharing practices and the CCPA right to opt-out, contact us at 657-660-6220 or 833.705.0547 or [email protected].
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights
QSC will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA, as described above. This includes, but is not limited to: (A) denying good or services to you; (B) charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; (C) providing a different level or quality of goods or services; or (D) suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
You may use an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf to exercise the rights above.
The terms in this section (“Q-SYS Reflect Privacy Terms”) apply SOLELY to your use of the QSC Q-SYS Reflect Enterprise Manager Service (the “Subscription Services”) as a customer of QSC (QSC, LLC and our affiliates), including the use of our associated applications. Terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning as set forth in the Master Subscription Agreement (the “Agreement”).
These Q-SYS Reflect Privacy Terms apply when QSC processes personal data received by Licensee on behalf of Licensee as a processor in the course of providing Subscription Services to Licensee pursuant to the Agreement. These terms do not apply to any information or data collected by QSC as a controller for other purposes, such as information collected on our websites or through other channels for marketing purposes. That information or data is covered by the privacy terms in the above sections.
QSC generally processes personal data under the direction of our Licensees, and has no direct control or ownership of the personal data we process. Licensees are responsible for complying with any regulations or laws that require providing notice, disclosure, and/or obtaining consent prior to transferring the data to QSC for processing purposes.
At times, QSC may process, for its own purposes and independent from Licensee, personal data which has been disclosed to it by Licensee in the course of QSC providing the Subscription Service to Licensee. Such processing, within the framework of QSC’s legitimate interests, might serve, without limitation, to develop and improve QSC’s products and services.
In the event of a conflict between the Q-SYS Reflect Privacy Terms and the Agreement (including any Data Protection Addendum between the parties) the terms of the Agreement will control.
We periodically update the Q-SYS Reflect Privacy Terms. We will post any changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide an update through appropriate means. While we will notify you of any material changes to the Q-SYS Reflect Privacy Terms prior to the changes becoming effective, we encourage you to review these terms periodically. We will also keep prior versions of the Q-SYS Reflect Privacy Terms in an archive for your review.
1. Use of the Subscription Service
The Q-SYS Reflect Subscription Service
The information added to the Subscription Service, either by site visitors providing their contact information or when a Subscription Service user adds the information, is stored and managed on our service providers’ servers. QSC provides the Subscription Service to Licensees directly and through authorized third-party channels.
Use by QSC
Use by Licensees
Licensees use the Subscription Service to assist in their remote monitoring and management of various peripherals and may collect information in connection with their use of the Subscription Service. QSC does not control the types of information that our Licensees may choose to collect or manage using the Subscription Service. That information belongs to them and is used, disclosed and protected by them according to their privacy policies. QSC processes personal data as directed by Licensees and in accordance with our agreements with our customers, and we store it on our service providers' servers.
We use the information collected through our Subscription Service by our Licensees for the following purposes: to provide the Subscription Service (which may include the detection, prevention and resolution of security and technical issues); to respond to customer support requests; to evaluate interest in, and to improve, our products and services; to examine and understand trends, to better market and advertise our products and services; and otherwise to fulfill the obligations under the Agreement.
We have no direct relationship with individuals who provide personal data to our customers. Our Licensees control and are responsible for correcting, deleting or updating information they have collected using the Subscription Service. We may work with our Licensees to help them provide notice to their visitors about their data collection, processing and usage.
2. Data Subject Requests
If you are a Licensee, prospect, or otherwise interact with one of our Licensees and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Licensees that use our Subscription Service, please contact the Licensee that you interact with directly. If you want to access, correct, amend, or delete data controlled by a QSC Licensee, you should direct your query to the Licensee (the data controller).
You may request the deletion of your QSC account or Subscription Service by sending a request to privacy[email protected].
3. Data Retention
The data the Licensee collects as part of its use of the Subscription Services is retained according to the relevant agreements between the Licensee and QSC. Personal data is retained for at least as long as the Licensee remains active. Licensee data is deleted upon Licensee’s written request or after an established period following the termination of all customer agreements. Personal data may be deleted after your paid subscription ends.
See below for contact information.
QSC is headquartered in the United States. QSC has appointed an internal Privacy Coordinator for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about our personal data policies or practice and “Your Rights” set forth above. In addition, QSC, LLC’s Germany-based subsidiary, QSC EMEA GmbH, has appointed an external Data Protection Officer. These data protection representatives can be contacted directly, as follows:
Attn: Privacy Coordinator
Telephone: +1 657-660-6220 or +1 833.705.0547
Email: [email protected]
1675 MacArthur Boulevard
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
QSC EMEA GmbH’s Data Protection Officer
DPO: Gustav Muller
Telephone: +49 7144.334.905.42
Email: [email protected]