Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP design software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for native Q-SYS Platform system and also supports the integration of the greater Q-SYS Ecosystem. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software is a single application for use with every Q-SYS Core category for projects of any size.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, add UCI PIN protection as an addition layer of protection and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer Software.
Updated Features v9.3
Start incorporating the new Q-SYS NC Series conference cameras into your designs.
Improved USB Video Bridging & Camera Streaming
Q-SYS Designer Software v9.3 introduces a simple, interoperable network streaming technology that brings higher quality, low-bandwidth IP streams to Q-SYS.
- Provides single IP Stream from your Q-SYS camera to the Q-SYS Video Bridging device.
- Reduced video latency, which in turn reduces potential for audio visual synchronization issues.
- Q-SYS USB bridges now decode video streams and scale appropriately for the host PC application.
- Note: This new streaming technology will enable even more upcoming Q-SYS video streaming capabilities. (Stay tuned!)
UCI Sharing: Import and export user control interfaces (UCIs) from QDS for simple sharing of UCIs.
HID Conferencing Support for Q-SYS I/O-8 Flex: Route HID signals (keyboard, PC media controls, UC platforms) when a remote computer is connected to the I/O-8 Flex.
Designer Asset Manager: Filter, Arrange, and Sort the list of available assets to quickly locate what you need.
Q-SYS Reflect Enterprise Manager / Core Manager
Better Asset Tracking: Q-SYS Product Serial number and firmware are now reported for native Q-SYS Products and can be viewed in Asset Viewer (Enterprise Manager only).
Additional improvements: You can now re-size and re-order columns in Core Manager (Status, Event Log) and Enterprise Manager (Alerts & Notifications, Audit Log, Assets, System > Status, System > Event Log).
Domain-based calling supported on Q-SYS Softphone: Allows for greater flexibility with PBX devices and network configurations.
Expanded Dante Domain compatibility:
- Software-Based Dante Channel Groups are now shown in Dante Controller when the hosting Q-SYS Core processor is enrolled into a Dante Domain (Requires Dante Domain Manager v188.8.131.52 or later).
- Software-based Dante can also be enrolled into a Dante Domain using the hosting Q-SYS Core processor’s IP address, which is beneficial when automatic discovery or enrolling by name is not possible.
Important Notice for the Core 110f
For installations utilizing the Core 110f’s on-board AV USB bridge, the cable infrastructure between the Core 110f USB device port (Type B) and the PC’s host port (Type A) must be USB 3.0 compatible in order to take advantage of the improved camera streaming and USB video bridging performance. If you choose to use USB 2.0 infrastructure after updating to v9.3.0, bridging performance will be limited to 540p.
Note that this does not affect other Q-SYS bridging devices.
Q-SYS Designer Software v9.3
Released December 14, 2021
Improved Download Process
Good news! Download Q-SYS Designer Software with your QSC login (no more waiting for your download link to be emailed). You may need to create a QSC login. If you’ve taken classes on the QSC Training Site, you should use that login!
If you haven’t already done so, you will be prompted to login when you click “Download Latest Version”
New Media File Management API
Provides more modern, secure methods of managing audio files and playlists on Cores running Q-SYS v9.0.0 and higher.
Please keep in mind:
- The existing “/media” audio file management API that you may be using will eventually be deprecated by the release of v9.3 in the coming months. Please note that the FTP Server capability will also be deprecated at the same time.
- If you intend on using these new Media File Management APIs, look to future Q-SYS Designer Release Notes for details on changes and improvements as they arrive.
QDS Archive Versions
Request a previous or End-of-Life (EOL) version of Q-SYS Designer Software for legacy systems.
3rd Party Plug-in & Scriptable Controls
QSC has partnered with several AV&C technology manufacturers to provide a broad portfolio of prebuilt plugins. This makes integration of third-party devices into a Q-SYS system a simple drag-and-drop configuration.
Software Integration Alliances
Q-SYS Control for iOS
Design user control interfaces for your iOS device within Q-SYS Designer Software and use this free app to wirelessly control any element of your Q-SYS system from your iPhone or iPad.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer Software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer Software. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer Software.