Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for the Q-SYS Ecosystem. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software is a single application for use with every Q-SYS Core category for projects of any size.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer Software.
Updated Features in v8.2.2
Q-SYS Reflect Enterprise Manager-ready
- Experience powerful, simple-to-use AV monitoring and management for the Q-SYS Ecosystem including native Q-SYS peripherals and connected third-party devices.
- QSC-developed plugins are now ‘Enterprise Manager Enabled’.
- Monitoring Proxy lets you monitor any connected third-party device in Enterprise Manager by leveraging Q-SYS Control.
Note: In order to monitor Q-SYS systems using Enterprise Manager, your Q-SYS designs must be installed with the new Q-SYS Designer Software v8.2.1 or higher.
Q-SYS NV Series Support
Q-SYS Designer Software v8.2.2 introduces a number of performance improvements for designs using the Q-SYS NV Series network video endpoint.
Q-SYS Control Update
- HID Conferencing Controller enables remote control of call-related functions on supported conferencing devices, including many soft codecs.
- HTML5 UCI support: Open, view and interact with Q-SYS user control interfaces (UCI) from any web browser. Also allows for remote UCI access within Q-SYS Core Manager.
- CSS-based styling for User Control Interfaces (UCIs): Use web-standard CSS (cascading style sheets) for UCI styling to build more dynamic end user interface themes and apply global styling changes across multiple UCIs.
Networking and Performance Improvements
- Core stability improvements for users with large or complex Q-SYS designs stretching back as far as Q-SYS Designer Software v7.2.1
- Redundant Q-SYS CDN-64 Dante™ I/O cards are now supported by the latest version of Dante Domain manager.
- New PTP configuration settings in Designer Properties assist with complex PTP environments, including Q-LAN, AES67 and Dante™
Q-SYS Designer Software v8.2.2
Released February 13, 2020
NOTE: As of Q-SYS Designer Software v8.2, the Q-SYS TSC-8 network touch screen is no longer a supported device. Q-SYS designs that include the TSC-8 will not compile and deploy in QDS v8.2 or higher.
NOTE: For cinema-specific instructions on Q-SYS installs, please visit the Cinema Q-SYS Designer Software page.
Q-SYS Designer Software Download
Please fill out the form to start your download.
3rd Party Plug-in & Scriptable Controls
QSC has partnered with several AV&C technology manufacturers to provide a broad portfolio of prebuilt plugins. This makes integration of third-party devices into a Q-SYS system a simple drag-and-drop configuration.
Software Integration Alliances
Q-SYS Control for iOS
Design user control interfaces for your iOS device within Q-SYS Designer Software and use this free app to wirelessly control any element of your Q-SYS system from your iPhone or iPad.
Hire an Advanced Q-SYS Scripting Programmer
If you have a need for an advanced script or feature for your next installation, check out our list of approved independent Q-SYS Programmers.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer Software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer Software. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer Software.