Costa Mesa, CA (January 8, 2013) – QSC Audio Products is proud to announce the launch of the AcousticPerformance™ line of professional, two-way, full-range loudspeakers, ideal for a variety of installed sound reinforcement applications which require higher SPL and a stylish enclosure. All models feature a 3-inch voice coil, high power-capacity compression driver combined with high-output woofers to deliver exceptional full bandwidth reproduction.
“In keeping with QSC’s loudspeaker design philosophy, all AcousticPerformance loudspeakers feature Directivity Matched Transition™ (DMT) which matches the compression driver to the natural coverage angle of the woofer in the cross-over region”, states Phil Sanchez, QSC Loudspeaker Product Manager. “When combined with their axisymmetric waveguides, AcousticPerformance loudspeakers deliver a flat power response with smooth and accurate sonic reproduction and remarkably consistent coverage both on and off-axis.”
AcousticPerformance models may be used in passive (full-range) mode to minimize amplifier channel count or bi-amp mode for greater control and performance. To further enhance performance, bi-amp and full-range tunings using QSC Intrinsic Correction techniques are available for Q-Sys™ and future QSC products.
All models feature M10 mounting points for deployment via eye-bolts as well as mount points for an optional yoke bracket. The AP-5122m multi-purpose enclosure features a 40-degree angle, making it ideal for floor monitor use, and a pole cup for deployment on a loudspeaker stand. The enclosure and terminal input cup on the AP-5122m have been designed to facilitate the cable runs for a clean appearance on stage.
Presenting a clean, unobtrusive look, AcousticPerformance grilles are unadorned, eliminating the need to cover-up logo treatments, which can be difficult to hide or remove. The grille is also lined with acoustically transparent backing, adding to the enclosure’s professional appearance.
AP-5102/5122/5152 models are available in black (RAL 9011) and white (RAL 9010) finishes. AP-5122m is available in black only. To minimize impact and disposal fees at the job site, all AcousticPerformance loudspeakers are packaged in environmentally friendly, recyclable cartons.
Key Features of the AcousticPerformance Line:
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures smooth, coherent power response across the listening plane
- 3” diaphragm compression delivers a clean and powerful high frequency response
- M10 fittings and yoke mount fittings offer flexible deployment options for a variety of applications
- Clean industrial design with unadorned grilles complement most decors and settings
- NL4 Speakon™ connector and covered barrier strip terminals*
- Bi-Amp / Passive Switchable
- Constructed from 15-ply Baltic birch plywood
- 16-Gauge powder coated steel grilles
- Available in black (RAL 9011) and white (RAL 9010)*
- Complete EASE, CAD & BIM information available online
* Except for 5122m
For more information, visit the AcousticPerformance product page at qsc.com/products/speakers/ap/