Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for the Q-SYS Integrated System Platform. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software is a single application for use with every Q-SYS Core category for projects of any size.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer Software.
Updated Features in v8.1
Q-SYS Control Update
- HTML5 UCI support: Open, view and interact with Q-SYS user control interfaces (UCI) from any web browser. Also allows for remote UCI access within Q-SYS Core Manager.
- CSS-based styling for User Control Interfaces (UCIs): Use web-standard CSS (cascading style sheets) for UCI styling to build more dynamic end user interface themes and apply global styling changes across multiple UCIs.
- Named Components now supported in Block Controller.
Q-SYS Core Manager
- New browser-based Core management tool with several tools migrated from Q-SYS Administrator and Configurator.
- Open, view and interact with Q-SYS user control interfaces (UCI) in Core Manager.
- New responsive design web layout for better performance on touch-based devices.
- NOTE: Please read the Q-SYS Core Manager Tech Note before updating your Q-SYS system
- New PTP configuration settings in Designer Properties assist with complex PTP environments, including Q-LAN, AES67 and Dante™.
Q-SYS Designer Software v8.1
Released August 15, 2019
Important note for users updating an existing system to Q-SYS Designer Software v8.0 or higher:
Q-SYS Designer Software v8.0 introduced major changes, including functionality migrations from Administrator/Configurator to the new Q-SYS Core Manager tool, along with several other changes.
Please read this document before updating your Q-SYS system!
NOTE: For cinema-specific instructions on Q-SYS installs, please visit the Cinema Q-SYS Designer Software page.
Q-SYS Designer Software Download
Please fill out the form to start your download.
3rd Party Plug-in & Scriptable Controls
QSC has partnered with several AV&C technology manufacturers to provide a broad portfolio of prebuilt plugins. This makes integration of third-party devices into a Q-SYS system a simple drag-and-drop configuration.
Software Integration Alliances
Q-SYS Control for iOS
Design user control interfaces for your iOS device within Q-SYS Designer Software and use this free app to wirelessly control any element of your Q-SYS system from your iPhone or iPad.
Hire an Advanced Q-SYS Scripting Programmer
If you have a need for an advanced script or feature for your next installation, check out our list of approved independent Q-SYS Programmers.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer Software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer Software. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer Software.