Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for the Q-SYS Integrated System Platform. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software is a single application for use with every Q-SYS Core category for projects of any size.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer.
Updated Features in v7.0
Q-SYS UCI Editor
Even more drag-and-drop options to create user control interfaces (UCI).
- New Button Style options including custom graphic images for on/off/pressed states
- New Color Picker
- New Font Options
- New Layer Options
* Requires license activation to deploy a design with custom UCI onto a Q-SYS Core processor. Visit the Q-SYS UCI Editor product page for licensing details.
Q-SYS Scripting Engine
Q-SYS offers a full-featured AV control platform, powered by its robust software-based scripting engine.
- New Third-Party Control Plug-ins/Scripts – Some of the most commonly used elements of today’s modern conference room
- New Visual Coding Tool – The new Block Controller component offers a drag-and-drop method for building control scripts within Q-SYS, enables easy composition of sophisticated scripts, especially for novice programmers
* Requires license activation to deploy a design with plugins & scripting elements onto a Q-SYS Core processor. Visit the Q-SYS Scripting Engine product page for licensing details.
Q-SYS Designer 7.0.1
Released March 21, 2018
NOTE: If you are using Q-SYS in a Dolby Atmos application, please read this special Tech Bulletin.
Q-SYS Designer 7.0.1 Change Log
- [FIX] – Fixed a number of Q-SYS Designer software crashes related to the new UCI Pages and Layers navigator.
- [FIX] – Fixed an issue that could cause a DPAQ amplifier to initialize with an incorrect Hostname.
- [FIX] – Fixed an issue that could cause slow response in Q-SYS Designer when ungrouping items.
- [FIX] – Fixed a number of issues that could cause hidden images on UCI’s to be visible.
- [FIX] – Corrected a missing status indicator on the AES3 I/O-Card output control panel.
- [FIX] – Fixed a very rare problem that could cause distorted audio on some Core audio outputs with particular design file configurations.
- [FIX] – Enabled the ID indicator on the Q-SYS Core 5200
- [FIX] – Fixed a number of issues that could cause Q-SYS Designer to crash when working with Container components.
- [FIX] – Fixed an issue that could cause the page tabs on TSC-3 UCI’s to appear in the wrong location.
- [FIX] – Corrected the DSP cycle usage on the Core 110f that could cause older designs with high CPU usage to fail to compile in v7.0.0.
- [FIX] – Fixed an issue related to AES Channels 9-16 on the DCIO-H
- [FIX] – Fixed a number of issues related to the new Block Controller component.
- [FIX] – Fixed a number of issues related to encrypted Q-SYS Plugins.
- [FIX] – Corrected an issue that could cause some non-QSC devices to appear in the Q-SYS Configurator.
- [FIX] – Q-SYS Designer now tells you which licenses are required after exiting Online / Emulate mode.
- [FIX] – Fixed an issue with the Block Controller that could cause control pins to disappear.
- [FIX] – A number of improvements to stability with the new Block Controller.
- [LUA] – Removed some Lua functions from the Core runtime engine for security reasons.
- [UCI] – See the return of the right-click-and-drag method to create page navigation buttons.
- [LICENSING] – Added the ability to install Q-SYS Core product keys using the Q-SYS Core Licensing Manager web page.
Q-SYS Designer Download
Please fill out the form to start your download.
3rd Party Plug-in & Scriptable Controls
QSC has partnered with several AV&C technology manufacturers to provide a broad portfolio of prebuilt plug-ins. This makes integration of third-party devices into a Q-SYS system a simple drag-and-drop configuration.
Software Integration Alliances
Q-SYS Control for iOS
Design user control interfaces for your iOS device within Q-SYS Designer Software and use this free app to wirelessly control any element of your Q-SYS system from your iPhone or iPad.
Hire an Advanced Q-SYS Scripting Programmer
If you have a need for an advanced script or feature for your next installation, check out our list of approved independent Q-SYS Programmers.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer.