Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for the Q-SYS Ecosystem. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software is a single application for use with every Q-SYS Core category for projects of any size.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer Software.
Updated Features v8.4
Major Security Improvement
- 802.1x support / custom security certificates - for Q-SYS Core processors and peripherals
USB HID Routing Over IP
- NV Series and Core 110f support - for connected USB mice, keyboards and touchscreens
NV Series updates
- Core-to-Core AV Streaming – Network video streams can now be routed between Q-SYS systems on the same network
- Network video ‘Test’ function – Stress test network performance with video streaming over your network without the need to connect a source or sink
- New aspect ratio controls
Attero Tech by QSC update
- No scripting license required - Add Attero Tech devices directly from Inventory and run them on your Core without requiring a Q-SYS Scripting Engine license
Core Manager and Enterprise Manager Updates
- Added custom Core User Roles to Q-SYS Core Manager
- Open and interact with Web UCI’s using Q-SYS Core Manager
- New subgrouping and page navigation layout for Core Manager and Enterprise Manager
- Audio file upload and preview via Enterprise Manager
Other Feature Updates
- Binloop Player - seamlessly loop one or more audio files for playback to one or more synchronized outputs
Q-SYS Designer Software v8.4
Released September 14, 2020
Improved Download Process
Good news! Download Q-SYS Designer Software with your QSC login (no more waiting for your download link to be emailed. You may need to create a QSC login. (if you’ve taken classes on QSC Training Site, you should use that login!)
If you haven’t already done so, you will be prompted to login when you click “Download Latest Version”
Note: As of Q-SYS Designer Software v8.4, the Q-SYS TSC-3 network touch screen is no longer a supported device. Q-SYS designs that include the TSC-3 will not compile and deploy in QDS v8.4 or higher
QDS Archive Versions
Request a previous or End-of-Life (EOL) version of Q-SYS Designer Software for legacy systems.
For cinema-specific instructions on Q-SYS installs, please visit the Cinema Q-SYS Designer Software page.
3rd Party Plug-in & Scriptable Controls
QSC has partnered with several AV&C technology manufacturers to provide a broad portfolio of prebuilt plugins. This makes integration of third-party devices into a Q-SYS system a simple drag-and-drop configuration.
Software Integration Alliances
Q-SYS Control for iOS
Design user control interfaces for your iOS device within Q-SYS Designer Software and use this free app to wirelessly control any element of your Q-SYS system from your iPhone or iPad.
Hire an Advanced Q-SYS Scripting Programmer
If you have a need for an advanced script or feature for your next installation, check out our list of approved independent Q-SYS Programmers.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer Software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer Software. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer Software.