Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for the Q-SYS Integrated System Platform. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software can be used with ALL Q-SYS Cores and peripherals.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer.
Q-SYS™ Designer Software includes:
Q-SYS Designer 6.2.1
Released December 13, 2017
NOTE: If you are using Q-SYS in a Dolby Atmos application, please read this special Tech Bulletin.
Q-SYS Designer 6.2.1 Change Log
- [CONTACTS] Increased the LDAP server timeout to better support very large contacts lists or slow LDAP servers
- [CORE] Disabled AES3 outputs when Core is in Standby mode
- [CORE] Fixed an issue that would cause a unexpected behavior in a redundant Core configuration, resulting in a newly reattached Core automatically becoming the active Core.
- [POTS] Fixed an issue to better support POTS telephony in Singapore
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where Q-SYS devices sync'd to an external PTP source may lock-up over a period of time. Any customers running v6.2.0 should upgrade to v6.2.1 to avoid this issue.
- [FIX] Fixed an unusual issue related to mixing Static and Auto IP configurations on Core LAN-A and LAN-B ports
- [FIX] Fixed an issue that would cause I/O-Frame, I/O-22 and Page Station devices to fail during a firmware upgrade from early versions of Q-SYS firmware.
- [FIX] Fixed an issue with the '+' button on the Channel Group component
Q-SYS Designer Download
Please fill out the form to start your download.
3rd Party Plug-in & Scriptable Controls
QSC has partnered with several AV&C technology manufacturers to provide a broad portfolio of prebuilt plug-ins. This makes integration of third-party devices into a Q-SYS system a simple drag-and-drop configuration.
Software Integration Alliances
Q-SYS Controller App
Within Q-SYS Designer software, user control interfaces (UCIs) can be created, and nearly any element in the system can be placed in the UCIs for control and monitoring. This enables nearly a limitless array of control capability, all from your iOS devices.
Including: audio source selection buttons, lighting dimmer controls, projector on/off selector, signal meters, screen up/down, snapshot recall buttons, volume control faders, user security PIN input.
Hire an Advanced Q-SYS Scripting Programmer
If you have a need for an advanced script or feature for your next installation, check out our list of approved independent Q-SYS Programmers.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer.