Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for the Q-SYS Integrated System Platform. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software can be used with ALL Q-SYS Cores and peripherals.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer.
Q-SYS™ Designer Software v6.0 includes:
Q-SYS Designer 6.0
Released July 24, 2017
NOTE: If you are using Q-SYS in a Dolby Atmos application, please read this special Tech Bulletin.
6.0.0 Change Log
- INVENTORY: Added Core 510i Core Processor
- INVENTORY: Added I/O-510i to be used when Core 510i is configured via software as an I/O Expander
- INVENTORY: Added I/O-8 Flex network I/O Expander
- CONFIGURATOR: Added ability to configure Core 510i via software as a Core Processor or I/O-510i Expander.
- AEC: Added Next Generation Q-SYS AEC component offering a number of improvements. Existing designs will continue with the previous AEC algorithm, any new AEC components added to designs will be the new algorithm. It is not possible to run the new and previous AEC algorithm at the same time.
- AEC: The new Q-SYS AEC component requires more CPU processing power so the maximum AEC processor count is reduced on some older Q-SYS Cores when using the new algorithm. Maximum AEC processor counts when upgrading a pre-v6.0.0 design file are unaffected. Please refer to the Help File and Release Notes for more details on these changes.
- LUA: Removed some undocumented Lua libraries and functions from Emulate mode, these same functions will be removed from the Core Runtime engine in a future software release. – Recommend testing any valuable Lua scripts in Emulate mode to identify this change.
- LUA: Added new table to the HttpClient.Download method’s EventHandler signature which contains the response headers
- Q-SYS IP CAMERAS: Added option for UVC Camera Control to enable far-end control of the Q-SYS PTZ IP cameras from Soft-Codec applications supporting this feature
- Q-SYS IP CAMERAS: Added option for Auto-Privacy which will set the cameras to Privacy mode when video content is not being requested by an AV-to-USB Bridge.
- CORE-110f: Added support for IP Stream 2 (H.264) from the Q-SYS Cameras when using the Core 110f USB Device port for Video Bridging.
- CORE-110f: When Video Bridging is used on the Core 110f USB Device port, the Q-LAN / AES67 maximum channel count is reduced to 64 x 64.
- SOFTPHONE: Authentication Passwords are now masked in the Q-SYS Administrator Softphone configuration
- SOFTPHONE: Added TLS as a transport option in addition to TCP and UDP
- SOFTPHONE: Added ‘Simulate Incoming Call’ to Emulation mode to assist with development of UCI’s and 3rd party integration when Q-SYS hardware or SIP Server is not available.
- SOFTPHONE: Added support for the “,” symbol to be used to insert a 1 second Soft Pause in the dial string (ex dial string “729 832 9502 ,,,,, 19327#”).
- SOFTPHONE: Added support for the “;” symbol to be used to insert a Hard Pause in to the dial string, to be used in conjunction with the ‘Continue with…’ feature described below (ex dial string “729 832 9502 ; 19327#”)
- SOFTPHONE: Added ‘Continue with …’ control to the Softphone Controller to submit predefined DTMF digits after an active call triggers a Hard Pause to assist with navigating IVR’s and Conference Bridge dial in.
- PLUGINS: Added control and monitoring plugins for Attero Tech unD6IO-BT, unDIO2x2+ and unDX2IO+
- PLUGINS: Added control and monitoring plugin for Clock-Audio CDT-100
- PLUGINS: Added control and monitoring plugin for Dataprobe iPIO
- PLUGINS: Updated Shure MX Wireless Plugin
- PLUGINS: Added ability to automatically install plugins by double-clicking .qplug file
- MSR: Added support for audio stream ingest from Atlona OmniStream 111 and 112 transmitters
- MSR: Added support for audio stream ingest from Wyrestorm Network HD 100, 200 and 400 series transmitters.
- QSD: Migrated Q-SYS Designer Software application to 64-Bit so as to better support very large designs
- QSD: Hard Links can now be configured as either UDP or HTTP
- LOGGING: Added sip.txt to Log Archive tool.
- VPS: Fixed bug where overwriting the same message audio file with new audio content would not work as expected in a redundant Core configuration
- CDN64: Fixed a bug where multiple, simultaneous multicast flow assignments may not work as expected.
5.4.128 Change Log
- CORE 110f: When utilizing the Video Bridging capability on the Core 110f USB Device port, networked audio channel count will be limited to 64 x 64 Q-LAN / AES67.
- IP CAMERAS: Camera firmware updates are now a manual process. All Q-SYS IP Cameras requiring a firmware update will be shown as Compromised in the Inventory. Users will need to update the camera firmware using the Q-SYS Administrator.
- IP CAMERAS: New firmware that includes several stability improvements. Please remember to manually update the firmware and do not remove power or network connection to the camera during the update process.
- IP CAMERAS: Add ability to include more camera controls in Snapshot Banks.
- IP CAMERAS: Implemented Constant BitRate mode for IP Stream 2 (H.264).
- AV BRIDGING: Added ‘Streaming Test’ button on Camera Status page to verify ability of bridging device to receive video streams from cameras.
- SAMPLE DESIGNS: Improved Sample Design files to include more appropriate default settings.
- POTS: Dialed digits are now visible in the dial string window when dialing a 2nd party during 3-way calling situations.
- POTS: Increased POTS ringing signal cadence off time when country is set to ‘Singapore’ to better support the NEC Univerge SV8500 PBX
- TIMECODE: Added 24 FPS Pull-Down support to LTC Generator and Reader
- FIX: Corrected USB Input level meter type.
- FIX: Resolved issues on the Delay and Pitch Shifter effects processors.
- FIX: Resolved issue where Camera Streaming LED would remain illuminated once streaming had stopped.
- FIX: Resolved audio dropouts related to camera switching events.
- FIX: Resolved issue that could cause multiple incorrect ‘RTP IP Stream Not Available’ messages appearing in the Eventlog.
- FIX: Resolved issue where IP Cameras may not be released by existing designs when their name, but not IP address is changed.
- FIX: Resolved issue where camera frame rate could drop under certain PTZ movement conditions.
Q-SYS Designer Download
Please fill out the form to start your download.
3rd Party Plug-in & Scriptable Controls
QSC has partnered with several AV&C technology manufacturers to provide a broad portfolio of prebuilt plug-ins. This makes integration of third-party devices into a Q-SYS system a simple drag-and-drop configuration.
Software Integration Alliances
Q-SYS Controller App
Within Q-SYS Designer software, user control interfaces (UCIs) can be created, and nearly any element in the system can be placed in the UCIs for control and monitoring. This enables nearly a limitless array of control capability, all from your iOS devices.
Including: audio source selection buttons, lighting dimmer controls, projector on/off selector, signal meters, screen up/down, snapshot recall buttons, volume control faders, user security PIN input.
Hire an Advanced Q-SYS Scripting Programmer
If you have a need for an advanced script or feature for your next installation, check out our list of approved independent Q-SYS Programmers.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer.