Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for the Q-SYS Integrated System Platform. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software can be used with ALL Q-SYS Cores and peripherals.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer.
Q-SYS™ Designer Software includes:
Q-SYS Designer 6.2.0
Released November 10, 2017
NOTE: If you are using Q-SYS in a Dolby Atmos application, please read this special Tech Bulletin.
Q-SYS Designer 6.2.0 Change Log
- [INVENTORY] Added support for the new Q-SYS Core 5200 built using Dell server hardware
- [SOFTPHONE] Added support for the G.729 codec
- [SOFTPHONE] Added support for Primary and Secondary IP-PBX to enable redundant VoIP telephony
- [PA ROUTER] Added discrete BGM Input per Output Zone to aid with very large designs using Q-SYS PA functionality 'in-line' with system outputs
- [AEC] Q-SYS next generation AEC now supports muted and PTT microphones while automatically retaining the converged adaptive filter per channel
- [PLUGINS] Updated and added new Q-SYS plugins for Attero Tech unAX2IO, unD3IO, unD6IO, unD6IO-BT, unDIO2x2+, unDX2IO+, unDX4I
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where the I/O-22 Gain was reported incorrectly
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where Loudspeaker Band 1 mute did not function as expected
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where the Media Stream Transmitter may fail to reconnect on intermittent networks
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where debug info was unexpectedly visible on Scriptable Controls components
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where the POTS line was able to receive incoming calls when DND was enabled
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where the Softphone may have been unable to handle error conditions while the LAN connection is unavailable
- [FIX] Fixed an issue with Serial Ports on redundant Core processors
- [FIX] Fixed a frame_overrun issue on the Core 110f when running 16 channels of media playback
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where change of file without stop in LoopPlayer.Start() method does not close file
- [FIX] Fixed an issue on designs using large amounts of AEC processors that could cause the design to not start when deploying
- [FIX] Fixed an issue related to user authentication with the Q-SYS Administrator when Loading from Core and Connecting
5.4.128 Change Log
- CORE 110f: When utilizing the Video Bridging capability on the Core 110f USB Device port, networked audio channel count will be limited to 64 x 64 Q-LAN / AES67.
- IP CAMERAS: Camera firmware updates are now a manual process. All Q-SYS IP Cameras requiring a firmware update will be shown as Compromised in the Inventory. Users will need to update the camera firmware using the Q-SYS Administrator.
- IP CAMERAS: New firmware that includes several stability improvements. Please remember to manually update the firmware and do not remove power or network connection to the camera during the update process.
- IP CAMERAS: Add ability to include more camera controls in Snapshot Banks.
- IP CAMERAS: Implemented Constant BitRate mode for IP Stream 2 (H.264).
- AV BRIDGING: Added ‘Streaming Test’ button on Camera Status page to verify ability of bridging device to receive video streams from cameras.
- SAMPLE DESIGNS: Improved Sample Design files to include more appropriate default settings.
- POTS: Dialed digits are now visible in the dial string window when dialing a 2nd party during 3-way calling situations.
- POTS: Increased POTS ringing signal cadence off time when country is set to ‘Singapore’ to better support the NEC Univerge SV8500 PBX
- TIMECODE: Added 24 FPS Pull-Down support to LTC Generator and Reader
- FIX: Corrected USB Input level meter type.
- FIX: Resolved issues on the Delay and Pitch Shifter effects processors.
- FIX: Resolved issue where Camera Streaming LED would remain illuminated once streaming had stopped.
- FIX: Resolved audio dropouts related to camera switching events.
- FIX: Resolved issue that could cause multiple incorrect ‘RTP IP Stream Not Available’ messages appearing in the Eventlog.
- FIX: Resolved issue where IP Cameras may not be released by existing designs when their name, but not IP address is changed.
- FIX: Resolved issue where camera frame rate could drop under certain PTZ movement conditions.
Q-SYS Designer Download
Please fill out the form to start your download.
3rd Party Plug-in & Scriptable Controls
QSC has partnered with several AV&C technology manufacturers to provide a broad portfolio of prebuilt plug-ins. This makes integration of third-party devices into a Q-SYS system a simple drag-and-drop configuration.
Software Integration Alliances
Q-SYS Controller App
Within Q-SYS Designer software, user control interfaces (UCIs) can be created, and nearly any element in the system can be placed in the UCIs for control and monitoring. This enables nearly a limitless array of control capability, all from your iOS devices.
Including: audio source selection buttons, lighting dimmer controls, projector on/off selector, signal meters, screen up/down, snapshot recall buttons, volume control faders, user security PIN input.
Hire an Advanced Q-SYS Scripting Programmer
If you have a need for an advanced script or feature for your next installation, check out our list of approved independent Q-SYS Programmers.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer.