Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for the Q-SYS Ecosystem. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software is a single application for use with every Q-SYS Core category for projects of any size.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer Software.
Updated Features v9.0
New Inventory Items
Add the Core Nano, Core 8-Flex, NV-32-H (Core Capable) and AD-S5T to your Q-SYS design
Q-SYS Reflect Enterprise Manager
- New Professional Tier: enables remote system design/update & remote UCI helpdesk capabilities.
- See and interact with your remote system's user control interface from a simple web browser.
- Update design and redeploy at anytime from anywhere, without complicated setup.
Enhanced Microsoft Teams Room Experience
- New Teams-specific components: integrate Q-SYS with Microsoft Teams Room compute PCs and control consoles
- Pre-configured Q-SYS Designer Software file: provides the certified DSP signal flow and settings
- Room Optimization UCI: assists users with setting up the audio in their room
- Microsoft Teams Visual Style: for Teams Room console
- Now supported on: Core 8 Flex, Core Nano, NV-32-H (Core Capable), Core 510i, Core 5200
- Q-SYS Designer now allows multiple Software-based Dante Tx/Rx components in a single design
Q-SYS Control Updates
CSS support for HTML5-based web UCIs, including custom font support: allows you to easily repeat UCI look & feel on more devices.
- USB HID routing over IP: now supported on the I/O-USB Bridge, Core Nano and Core 8-Flex
- Video Mute control and improved Idle/Sleep mode: for Generic HDMI display component
- Q-SYS Peripheral Manager: lets you configure connected Q-SYS peripherals from a web browser
- Sign-in for Q-SYS Reflect: allows you to push new designs to remote Cores
- Improved drag and drop UI in Enterprise Manager/Core Manager: for audio files and playlist management
- Download audio files from a Core
Q-SYS Designer Software v9.0
Released January 14, 2021
Improved Download Process
Good news! Download Q-SYS Designer Software with your QSC login (no more waiting for your download link to be emailed. You may need to create a QSC login. (if you’ve taken classes on QSC Training Site, you should use that login!)
If you haven’t already done so, you will be prompted to login when you click “Download Latest Version”
QDS Archive Versions
Request a previous or End-of-Life (EOL) version of Q-SYS Designer Software for legacy systems.
For cinema-specific instructions on Q-SYS installs, please visit the Cinema Q-SYS Designer Software page.
3rd Party Plug-in & Scriptable Controls
QSC has partnered with several AV&C technology manufacturers to provide a broad portfolio of prebuilt plugins. This makes integration of third-party devices into a Q-SYS system a simple drag-and-drop configuration.
Software Integration Alliances
Q-SYS Control for iOS
Design user control interfaces for your iOS device within Q-SYS Designer Software and use this free app to wirelessly control any element of your Q-SYS system from your iPhone or iPad.
Hire an Advanced Q-SYS Scripting Programmer
If you have a need for an advanced script or feature for your next installation, check out our list of approved independent Q-SYS Programmers.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer Software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer Software. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer Software.