Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP design software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for native Q-SYS Platform system and also supports the integration of the greater Q-SYS Ecosystem. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software is a single application for use with every Q-SYS Core category for projects of any size.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, add UCI PIN protection as an addition layer of protection and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer Software.
Updated Features v9.4.2
- Incorporate new Q-SYS Products in your designs:
- Q-SYS Scaling licenses for Core Nano & Core 8 Flex: Scale targeted feature sets to better accommodate needs of specific applications and use cases. Learn more about the Q-SYS Collaboration Bundle scaling license and Q-SYS Commercial AV Bundle scaling license.
- Live Video Preview on Q-SYS User Control Interfaces: Display realtime Q-SYS Mediacast streams from Q-SYS cameras on Q-SYS TSC Series Gen 3 touch screens and the Windows-based UCI Viewer application at up to 30 fps. Vast improvement from previous capabilities (1 fps for cameras, no network video endpoint preview support)
- Adjust TTL Controls for Video Streams in Q-SYS Core Manager: Allows for customization of the ‘Time-to-Live’ value for multicast camera and video endpoint streams.
- Improved Image quality for NC Series: New default values for Q-SYS NC Series cameras improve image quality across a variety of lighting settings.
- Improvements to AV Bridging Auto Privacy
- New CSS Render Styles: allow for more sophisticated customization of user control interface (UCI) controls. This feature allows for individual styling of each element of more complex controls, such as setting the background color and indicator color of meters based on how a user is interacting with it.
- New Multi-State Trigger Control Type: allows for more advanced buttons that change their appearance and functionality based on the programmatic state of the control. This allows for more unique states in a single control that go well beyond what a typical trigger or toggle button can offer.
- Runtime SVG generation: New LUA library enables programmers to draw runtime SVG graphics and display on a Q-SYS touch screen controller. This can enable a number of applications, such as visually monitoring WAV forms from live audio feeds.
- The Audio Delay Component now allows for entry and display in distance (US or Metric units) and is adjusted for temperature (US or Metric units).
- Services can now be advertised via mDNS using Lua.
- Adds support for integrating device control features that utilize Dante GPIO (via DAPI) with LUA.
Important Notice for the Core 110f
For installations utilizing the Core 110f’s on-board AV USB bridge, the cable infrastructure between the Core 110f USB device port (Type B) and the PC’s host port (Type A) must be USB 3.0 compatible in order to take advantage of the improved camera streaming and USB video bridging performance. If you choose to use USB 2.0 infrastructure after updating the Q-SYS Designer Software, bridging performance will be limited to 540p.
Note that this does not affect other Q-SYS bridging devices.
Q-SYS Designer Software v9.4.2
Released June 9, 2022
New Media File Management API
Provides more modern, secure methods of managing audio files and playlists on Cores running Q-SYS v9.0.0 and higher.
Please keep in mind:
- The existing “/media” audio file management API that you may be using will eventually be deprecated by the release of v9.5 in the coming months. Please note that the FTP Server capability will also be deprecated at the same time.
- If you intend on using these new Media File Management APIs, look to future Q-SYS Designer Release Notes for details on changes and improvements as they arrive.
QDS Archive Versions
Request a previous or End-of-Life (EOL) version of Q-SYS Designer Software for legacy systems.
3rd Party Plug-in & Scriptable Controls
QSC has partnered with several AV&C technology manufacturers to provide a broad portfolio of prebuilt plugins. This makes integration of third-party devices into a Q-SYS system a simple drag-and-drop configuration.
Software Integration Alliances
Q-SYS Control for iOS
Design user control interfaces for your iOS device within Q-SYS Designer Software and use this free app to wirelessly control any element of your Q-SYS system from your iPhone or iPad.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer Software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer Software. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer Software.