Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for the Q-SYS Integrated System Platform. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software can be used with ALL Q-SYS Cores and peripherals.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Q-SYS Designer 5.4.128
Released May 26, 2017
NOTE: If you are using Q-SYS in a Dolby Atmos application, please read this special Tech Bulletin.
5.4.128 Change Log
- CORE 110f: When utilizing the Video Bridging capability on the Core 110f USB Device port, networked audio channel count will be limited to 64 x 64 Q-LAN / AES67.
- IP CAMERAS: Camera firmware updates are now a manual process. All Q-SYS IP Cameras requiring a firmware update will be shown as Compromised in the Inventory. Users will need to update the camera firmware using the Q-SYS Administrator.
- IP CAMERAS: New firmware that includes several stability improvements. Please remember to manually update the firmware and do not remove power or network connection to the camera during the update process.
- IP CAMERAS: Add ability to include more camera controls in Snapshot Banks.
- IP CAMERAS: Implemented Constant BitRate mode for IP Stream 2 (H.264).
- AV BRIDGING: Added ‘Streaming Test’ button on Camera Status page to verify ability of bridging device to receive video streams from cameras.
- SAMPLE DESIGNS: Improved Sample Design files to include more appropriate default settings.
- POTS: Dialed digits are now visible in the dial string window when dialing a 2nd party during 3-way calling situations.
- POTS: Increased POTS ringing signal cadence off time when country is set to ‘Singapore’ to better support the NEC Univerge SV8500 PBX
- TIMECODE: Added 24 FPS Pull-Down support to LTC Generator and Reader
- FIX: Corrected USB Input level meter type.
- FIX: Resolved issues on the Delay and Pitch Shifter effects processors.
- FIX: Resolved issue where Camera Streaming LED would remain illuminated once streaming had stopped.
- FIX: Resolved audio dropouts related to camera switching events.
- FIX: Resolved issue that could cause multiple incorrect ‘RTP IP Stream Not Available’ messages appearing in the Eventlog.
- FIX: Resolved issue where IP Cameras may not be released by existing designs when their name, but not IP address is changed.
- FIX: Resolved issue where camera frame rate could drop under certain PTZ movement conditions.
Q-SYS Controller App
Within Q-SYS Designer software, user control interfaces (UCIs) can be created, and nearly any element in the system can be placed in the UCIs for control and monitoring. This enables nearly a limitless array of control capability, all from your iOS devices.
Including: audio source selection buttons, lighting dimmer controls, projector on/off selector, signal meters, screen up/down, snapshot recall buttons, volume control faders, user security PIN input.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer.