Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for the Q-SYS Integrated System Platform. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software is a single application for use with every Q-SYS Core category for projects of any size.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer Software.
Q-SYS Designer Software 7.1.0
Released July 24, 2018
NOTE: If you are using Q-SYS in a Dolby Atmos application, please read this special Tech Bulletin.
Q-SYS Designer Software 7.1.0 Change Log
- [NEW] – Introduced the Q-SYS Asset Manager, available via the Tools menu, to allow for easy installation of new plugins and updating of plugins directly from within Q-SYS Designer.
- [NEW] – Introduced the Network Services manager on the Q-SYS Core, accessible via Configurator or web browser, allowing system administrators to disable unused network services on a per-network adapter level, which can increase the security of the Q-SYS system and help to satisfy customer-specific security requirements.
- [NEW] – Added new External USB Audio Device inventory components, enabled via properties for the Core 110, TSC-7t touchscreen, and I/O USB Bridge, allowing you to connect a standard USB headset, speakerphone, or similar to a compatible Q-SYS device and process the incoming and outgoing audio streams in the Q-SYS audio DSP.
- [NEW] – Added the Date/Time control component, allowing you to insert a date/time text box into your design. This is especially useful for adding the local date and time to a user control interface (UCI).
- [NEW] – Added the Selector control component, allowing you to easily switch between a number of configured values to send to a downstream component.
- [NEW] – Added the Value Stepper control component, allowing you to easily increase or decrease values of a downstream component in either gain or percentage terms.
- [NEW] – Added the UCI Layer Controller control component, allowing you to show or hide individual layers in a specified UCI and page.
- [CORE] – To make Q-SYS Cores less vulnerable to network attacks, the FTP Server on the Core has been removed. If you use FTP (implemented in custom software or a standard FTP program, such as FileZilla) to upload or download media files to or from a Q-SYS Core, QSC recommends that you wait to upgrade to version 7.1 until you can update your client software to use either HTTP or HTTPS. As a more secure alternative to FTP, use HTTPS.
- [INVENTORY] – The Loudspeakers > Custom Voicing component now supports FIR filtering, adding highly accurate and complex EQ processing when using CXD-Q and DataPort-enabled amplifiers with 3rd party manufacturer loudspeakers.
- [INVENTORY] – CXD-Q 4-channel amplifiers now support up to 1024 FIR taps.
- [INVENTORY] – The Touchscreen Status / Control component includes a new 'Touch Activity' control, which illuminates whenever the touchscreen is actively being touched.
- [SOFTPHONE] – The Status/Control component includes a new Tone Control > Force Local Ringback option, which forces the selected Ring Tone file to be played and overrides any audible tone sent by the remote party.
- [SOFTPHONE] – In Administrator, you can now optionally set the expiration interval, in seconds, for the registration at the VoIP PBX.
- [SOFTPHONE] – In Administrator, you can now configure a Softphone as a SIP trunk on a PBX.
- [CAMERAS] – The PTZ-12x72 and PTZ-20x60 camera Status/Control components and USB Video Bridge have a new Recall Speed control, allowing you to adjust the speed of camera motor movements when recalling PTZ coordinates in a saved Snapshot.
- [CAMERAS] – In Administrator, the new Exiting Privacy Image option allows you to set a custom image to display when the camera transitions out of Privacy Mode.
- [BLOCK CONTROLLER] – A new System block can be used to return a selected Q-SYS environment variable, including the complete Q-SYS Designer version string (Version), individual components of the version (Major Version, Minor Version, Build Version), and whether or not the design is emulating (Is Emulating).
- [BLOCK CONTROLLER] – A new trigger control block can be used to trigger a defined control when, for example, a condition is met.
- [BLOCK CONTROLLER] – A new after time block can be used to create a single event or a series of events that execute after a specified period of seconds.
- [QSD] – Moved the ‘Disable PTPv2 on LAN B’ option from the Design Properties to the new Network Services manager. (See the Release Notes for details.)
- [QSD] – Moved the toggle to enable or disable HoverMon audio from the Q-SYS Designer Preferences menu to the new Network Services manager on the Core. (The audio driver is still configured in Preferences.)
- [QSD] – For external control and scripting, added an option to easily obtain a list of all controls for a named component (Tools > View Named Component Info).
- [QSD] – Added the ability to set zoom levels for individual schematic and UCI pages using the new "Zoom to" control at the bottom of the main window.
- [QSD] – Added the ability to select UCI elements and move them to the horizontal center or vertical center of the canvas (Tools > Align > Center Horizontal in Page and Center Vertical in Page).
- [QSD] – Added the ability to enable and disable configured Hard Link IP addresses in the Designer Preferences menu and UCI Viewer.
- [UCI] – Moved the Clean Screen Button, Log Off Button, Navigation Button, and URL Button components from Components > Layout > UCI in the schematic library to Components > UCI Buttons.
- [LUA] – Added HttpClient functions, allowing you to combine URL components into a complete encoded URL string, encode a comma-separated list of parameters, and encode and decode strings.
- [LUA] – Added Notifications functions, allowing you to subscribe to a notification, publish a notification with specified data, and unsubscribe from a notification. (This allows scripts running within the same Core to communicate with each other.)
- [LUA] – The former Qlib functions have moved to new Crypto and Network categories. (See the Release Notes for details.)
- [LUA] – Added System functions, which can be used to return the Q-SYS environment version, including the complete Q-SYS Designer version string or individual components of the version.
- [MISC] – Added optional Averaging Time Constant controls to the Responsalyzer component (enabled via the component properties).
- [MISC] – Added a new LKFS Meter (BETA) component to Audio Components > Meters.
- [MISC] – Changed the default 'Max slope' property for the Low-Pass Filter and High-Pass Filter from 48 to 24 dB/Oct.
- [MISC] – Added optional 'Q-Factor' controls to the Parametric Equalizer component, selectable via the component properties.
- [FIX] – DSP resource usage has been returned to values similar to version 6.2.
- [FIX] – In Block Controller, using certain characters in a debug print string (for example, ' and \) no longer generates errors in Debug Output.
- [FIX] – When configuring Block Controller to navigate layers in a UCI, the selected transitions for "Slide Top" and "Slide Bottom" are no longer reversed when running the UCI.
- [FIX] – If you include a "TSC set page" block in your Block Controller configuration, it no longer converts to Uci.SetScreen code in Lua, and no longer results in an error in the Debug Output window.
- [FIX] – If you deploy a design containing the IIR Custom Filter component to a Core, the component's Response controls (Magnitude, Magnitude/Phase, Impulse, Load Coefficients) are no longer missing from the control panel.
- [FIX] – I/O-8 Flex Mic Detection has been restored to the Flex In component control panel.
- [FIX] – Script "total load" percentage no longer can exceed 100% in the Inspector.
- [FIX] – In a redundant network configuration, audio over core-to-core Q-LAN streams no longer temporarily drops for two to five seconds on both LAN-A and LAN-B if either LAN interface is disconnected.
- [FIX] – If a button is set to an image, and the image does not have square dimensions, the image is displayed properly in a UCI.
- [FIX] – You can now group a selection of UCI elements containing a hidden group.
Q-SYS Designer Software Download
Please fill out the form to start your download.
Q-SYS Control for iOS
Design user control interfaces for your iOS device within Q-SYS Designer Software and use this free app to wirelessly control any element of your Q-SYS system from your iPhone or iPad.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer Software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer Software. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer Software.