Q-SYS™ is a complete integrated system that encompasses everything from the audio input to the output of the loudspeakers; it provides all the routing, processing, control and monitoring, while maintaining the audio quality and reliability QSC has come to be known for.
I/O Frames provide the points of connection used to interface Q-SYS with other components of the audio system, such as mixers and power amplifiers. Each I/O Frame 8s features eight card slots, each of which can support the following I/O cards, mixed and matched in any configuration:
- Mic/Line Input card — Four channels of switchable mic/line-level analog audio input with 48V phantom power (available with standard or premium pre-amps and A/D converters).
- Line Output card — Four channels of balanced, line-level analog output.
- DataPort Output card — Four audio output channels (two DataPort connectors) for connection to DataPort equipped QSC amplifiers.
- AES Input/Output card — Four input and four output channels of AES3 digital audio.
The I/O Frame 8s will also support various combinations of network cards (such as Cobranet and Dante, as well as future cards such as AVB) to provide a bridge to the Q-SYS Core, up to 128 inputs and 128 outputs.
- I/O Frames may be equipped with a variety of audio input and output cards
- Premium 24-bit AD and DA conversion used throughout
- I/O Frames may be located with the Core or remotely—whichever best suits the needs of the installation
- Intuitive and easy-to-use design GUI
- Uses standard Gigabit Ethernet hardware for audio transport and control
- System seamlessly integrates with QSC amplifiers and loudspeakers
|System Hardware||I/O Frame 8s|
|Description||System audio input and output device|
|Front Panel Controls||LCD page forward momentary switch |
Unit ID button momentary switch
Clear settings momentary switch
|Front Panel Indicators||Power on: blue LED; Device status: tri-color LED |
Audio signal: 32 tri-color LEDs
Card status: 8 tri-color LEDs
240 × 64 monochrome LCD graphics display
|Rear Panel Controls||Power switch|
|Rear Panel Connectors||RS-232: DE-9 (male 9-pin D shell connector) |
Video out: HD-15 (female 15-pin D-shell connector); DVI-D
Aux USB ports: USB host (type A) ×4
Aux network port: RJ45 10/100/1000 Mbps (switchable between Q-SYS LAN B or Aux Network Port)
GPIO ports: DA-15 (female 15-pin D shell connector) x2
Q-SYS Network LAN A: RJ45 1000 Mbps only
Q-SYS Network LAN B: RJ45 1000 Mbps only (switchable between Q-SYS LAN B or Aux Network Port 10/100/1000 Mbps)
IEC inlet: AC mains power connector
|Local Audio Channels||128 × 128|
|Network Audio Channels In||128|
|Network Audio Channels Out||128|
|Audio I/O Capacity||8 card slots, supporting up to 32 analog I/O channels or up to 128x128 local digital I/O channels; Requires purchase of Q-SYS Type 2 audio I/O cards: CB, CIML4, CIML4-HP, COL4, CODP4, CAES4, CCN32, CDN64, CAN32.|
|Line Voltage Requirements||100–240 VAC, 50–60 Hz|
|Current Draw||Max 4.8 A @ 100 VAC|
|Typical 1.9 A @ 100 VAC|
|Thermal||650 BTU/h (typical)|
|Dimensions (HWD) inches||3.5 x 149 x 16.13 / 2RU|
|Dimensions (HWD) mm||88.9 x 482.6 x 425.7 / 2RU|
|Included||6 ft UL/CSA/IEC line cord; User manual; Optional audio I/O ship kit|
All specifications are subject to change without notice.